Monday, December 20, 2004

Several Topics

I'm back home in Manila, we got back this afternoon. I was listening to the radio from my cell phone on the bus. I have pre-sets, so I just keep clicking until I find something decent to listen to. So on our way home, I'm clicking through the stations, and I stop at one cuz they're playing Numb/Encore by Linkin Park and Jay-Z. And after that song the DJ says that he wants to say hi to Ella and someone else (I couldn't make it out), and I immediately thought of Ella from the LPU, and it turns out that it was her, and our friend Sian. They were promoting Collision Course. That was pretty cool.

I was just at the department store looking for a Christmas present for Dylan, the last person on my list. And the amount of people there was just crazy. Even just getting there, going through the mall was such a hassle because of the crowds. I walk pretty fast as my normal pace, so I usually get caught up behind people taking their sweet time, and I usually end up getting pissed because of how incredibly slow they're walking. But with the reagular crowd being doubled this time of the year, I knew that I couldn't get mad, because it wouldn't do me any good. So I walked considerably slower than usual and just told myself to be patient and to just chill out, and thankfully, it payed off.

So, I got through that. After, my mom was hungry and she wanted to go to McDonlad's for a burger. It was the first time I've eaten an actual "meal" there since I saw "Super Size Me". And I don't know why, whether I just wasn't really that hungry, or if the documentary was affecting my brain, or whatever, but the food just didn't taste as good as it used to. Weird.

Well, that's it for now. Be back with something else some other time.

1 comment:

-t. said...

I don't know about you, but SUPERSIZE ME hella affected my brain. I don't think i'll ever look at McDonald's the same way again. But i WILL forever love their sundaes and fries. haha! =P
I wonder if that movie affected the Fast Food industry AT ALL... hmmm...