Thursday, January 06, 2005

Off to a Good Start

The new year is already a few days in, and it's been a really good few days. Everything's been going great so far, no problems just yet. I don't mind having no problems at all. I can't see into the future, I can't tell what's coming ahead, so I've just told myself, and I keep telling myself to just take it in day by day, and just to live in the moment, and not get too far ahead of myself. It's been working out.

I've also resolved never to be bored again, especially if I can help it, so that's what I've been doing. I've been keeping myself busy doing things that need to be done, things that needed to be done ages ago, which is another thing, eliminate procrastination. There are just a lot of things that I can work on to better myself, and I'll do it gladly.

So I'm still into the whole jewelry thing, and my sister and I are actually going to put our art and effort into much good use. We went shopping the other day, I think it was just yesterday. But it wasn't the usual mall shopping for clothes and what not, it was actually for jewelry materials. We make this stuff from scrap, basically, so we bought a whole lotta materials to get us started and going. We're hoping to make a profit from all of it. I mean, if we're going to spend so much time making these pretty little things, it would be great to get something from it in return, which is, in this case, profit.

I'm really excited about it, personally, because I've always wanted to get a job, except I've never been able to because I've always been under-aged. It's not like in the States where kids can get summer jobs or stuff like that. Here, there's an age thing going on. So the prospect of actually making money for myself is really exciting. And I'll really earn it, because it's something that I've worked hard on. Even when I was younger, I'd always come up with ways to make money, I had all these crazy ideas, but they worked. I think that may be saying something.

So here I am, barely a week into the year, and I'm loving it. I can feel something, I really think that this is going to be a very good year, if not great.

No comments: