Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Exploring New Things

My sister signed me up for this, well... not so new, but new to me, thing. It's called My Space. And basically, it's almost exactly like Friendster. I'm sure you've heard of that. It was taking over the world. Anyways, I never joined Friendster, because, quite simply, I never wanted to. If I had, it would've felt like I had given in to the craze, and I didn't want to do that. My sister will tell you the same.

My Space is different because for one thing, it has a blog (uh-oh, you have competition). I started setting my profile up yesterday, and I don't exactly know my way around yet. I'm so new to the whole "networking" experience, I admit, I'm a little lost.

But I'm gonna try it out, see how it goes, hopefully make some friends along the way, which is the point of the whole thing. More to do online, I guess.

I'm always up for trying new things, trying to be as spontaneous as I can be. Although there's hardly anything spontaneous about My Space. But it does run the risk of making someone feel like a loser with the lack of their friend count. *points directly at self* But oh well, like I said, I'm hoping to change that, and I guess we'll see if I'm any good at this.


2 comments:

-t. said...

I'll be your friend! me! me! me! PICK ME!!!!

Kat said...

myspace is fourty gazillion times better than friendster... DUDE... BANDS! yeauh. tihi


kat