Sunday, October 03, 2004

I've Done The Unthinkable

So, we were talking about Friendster. I have avoided that place for over a year (I've already mentioned why), despite all the people telling me I should join. See, just the word join, it's like they're inviting me into their cult. Okay, so maybe that's a little over the top.

So with what I've done, I've contradicted myself as well as, shall I say, my values. I have done the unthinkable, and I have signed up for friendster. Initially, it was just so that I could look at people's profiles. See how conceited or humble they were. A lot of them have hidden profiles though, so that wasn't very effective.

Yea, I'm on my space, and I like it so much better. The all around layout, and the blog that comes with it. But eveyone else I know is on friendster. It's the same with this, I have a blog on here, but everyone else is on live journal. That's the problem with wanting to be different. You're usually left all by yourself with the decisions you make.

I'm not gonna be bitter about having joined, and in that sense, losing the strike. Because here's my logic behind it. People are more likely to log onto friendster than take the time to email someone. In other words, being a part of it, makes it so much easier to keep in touch. Whether I like the person or not, I'll know where to reach them, if ever.

Friendster and my space, if you think about it, is just one big directory. Connecting millions and millions of people, it's an online phonebook. And I think it's a good idea to be a part of it. My intentions are purely for keeping in touch with people, because I realise it's importance now.

Having signed up, I have found people that I most probably would never have heard from again, for the rest of my life. You are meant to meet the people you meet, and in the same way, if you lose someone forever, for whatever reason, that's how it was supposed to be. And those people, you'll find, are not a part of friendster or my space.

No comments: