Monday, August 09, 2004

Senior Year

Summer break's over and the school year starts today. Senior year, the last leg of high school. Except... I'm not there. I'm supposed to be graduating in June, next year, but I haven't even started high school.

Three years of being out of school has taught me so much. It's involved a lot of mixed feelings. A lot of anger and denial, I admit, in the earlier years, but I'm okay now. It's definitely been disappointing, but I know now that it's all for the better.

If I hadn't had to stop school, sure, I'd be graduating next year, but as what? When I was in school, I hardly paid attention, rushed my homework, never went to tutorials, did everything wrong. I think I would've died, and the four years in high school would've been a huge waste. During all that time, I should've been doing the opposite. And again, I know that NOW.

Two years ago, I was really concerned about having to go back and be the oldest person in the grade. But now, I don't really care. I think I've grown so much, and learned so much, that my perspective on everything's just changed. And I'm really glad that it has.

Pay attention, do my homework... WELL, ask for help. It's easier said than done. In a way, I'm really scared to put that to the test. I think I've been out of school for so long, that I've forgotten what it's like. I know what I have to do, but the hard part is finding out whether I can do it or not.

Some people might look at my three year "break" as unfortunate. But really, I think that it might be one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

1 comment:

-t. said...

your entries are quite short, ey? i was expecting this one to be hella long and it turned out to be like 4 paragraphs! haha! =) but anyway, aww... you sound so wise. It's a good thing you've learned to keep looking at the bright side of things, it truly does help a lot. LUV YOU! =)