Monday, August 23, 2004

My Movie Review

I just saw "The Stepford Wives" with my mom. In a word... it was weird. I dunno. The whole thing was just so weird.

Okay, so basically, they move to Stepford and everything is just perfect. Not the nice kind of perfect, the seriously strange type of perfect. And then they find out (don't worry, this won't ruin the movie for you if you haven't seen it yet), that the wives are actually robots, purposely made to be perfect for their husbands.

I'm sorry, I just can't get over how strange that flick was. It's probably one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. So was it good? Eh... it was okay. But of course, that's just my opinion. Watch it if you want, and judge it for yourself. Or if you just want an excuse to see Nicole Kidman, who by the way, looks better as a blonde. Again, my opinion.

I guess the message they were trying to send out was that perfect isn't everything. And sometimes we think we want things to be perfect, but in truth, there's really no such thing.

We'd like to live in a "perfect" world, and that's what Stepford is. And so you see that, and then all of sudden, you want to get out, because it's all just too strange.

So yes, there's no such thing as perfect. Imagine if everything was? And it was exactly like Stepford? How boring. So if you think about it, we need controversy, drama, and imperfections to balance it all out for equilibrium.

So in a nutshell, when it comes down to it, not everything can be perfect. And sometimes, that's okay.

No comments: