Thursday, July 22, 2004

Commuting...

My titles are so dull... =)
 
Yesterday, my sister and I took the train to get to her dentist. It's really convenient and A LOT cheaper than taking a cab. During the afternoons though, they tend to get really crowded. It's like a mosh pit, minus the music. And since it's hot here, people sweat. I'm not even going to elaborate... Let's just say... When you're gonna get on a train, especially if it gets as packed as it does here, good personal hygiene is appreciated. By everyone.
 
People don't usually give this a second thought, but I'm semi OC, so it's a pretty big issue with me. When you get on public transportation, you might want to think twice about touching anything in it. Like, the railings, for example. Do you realise how many people touch that everyday? And a lot of people don't really wash their hands... So, they could've scratched their butts, or touched other things nasty before holding onto that railing... It's just gross...
 
My brother and I took a jeep earlier (For those of you who don't know, a jeep is public transportation here, and they're everywhere). And it was so ghetto. It was coming apart everywhere. I seriously wouldn't've been surprised if that thing just came apart and collapsed right in the middle of the street. And these jeepney drivers are maniacs too. They drive like they're immune or something. It was by far, the scariest ride I've ever been on. 

No comments: