Monday, August 01, 2005

Enter, August

July has come and gone, and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not at liberty to say. Or, I can just be honest and say, I have absolutely no idea what it is that I'm trying to say... I'm just trying to sound smart... Is it working?

Anyway, I've been on an Oasis search for months now. I would be referring to the band from Manchester, and not the things that you would find in the desert. Out of nowhere, I just got attached to their music. I've always liked Oasis but for some reason or another, I've never managed to buy myself a copy of any of their albums. And so, a few months ago, when my love for Oasis was awoken, I told myself that I would get their albums. All six of them (seven now that the new one came out). And anyway, they were already selling for half price. But then here's the thing, all of a sudden, now that I want them, they're nowhere to be found.

I have gone into every music store that I've seen, going straight to the O section, trying to find the albums, but they've just up and disappeared. I managed to find "The Master Plan", and I got "Heathen Chemistry", but everything else is just waiting to be found. "Don't Believe The Truth" came out two months ago, but I haven't been able to get it because it's the price of two CDs, which I can't afford right now. Two CDs, when I can barely afford one. Apparently, it's limited edition, and it comes with a DVD. But what if I don't want the DVD? What if I just want the CD and it's eleven songs? In that case, I'd be a hopeful dreamer.

Just two years ago, I saw them everywhere, and now they're gone. They couldn't've all been bought, they have to be somewhere. Anyway, I've already placed an order at Tower, and I'm hoping they'll get it for me. I have yet to be contacted. And I keep on going to their website, constantly checking their tour dates to see if they'll be coming over here for a show, maybe to make up for the one that they were supposed to have here two years ago, which I would've been at had it not been cancelled due to damn terrorist threats...

Ah, the life of a fanatic.

I haven't been watching movies in the theater for a while now because nothing really interested me, and then all of a sudden, I find myself seeing three movies in this past week alone. Not that that's a lot, but for me, it was surprising. I saw "The Fantastic Four", which I wouldn't have seen, but my friend wanted to see it for his own reasons (Jessica Alba...). And I think that it was one of the better marvel movies. And of course, Stan Lee and his cameos. Then I saw "Wedding Crashers", which I wouldn't have seen either, but I was with friends, and it was actually funny, surprisingly. And then just yesterday I saw "Stealth", which I only wanted to see because I knew that Incubus was on the soundtrack, and I wanted to hear how the music was incorporated into the movie, which was done fine. The movie itself was alright. As I've said before, still waiting for a really good flick from Hollywood.

Anyhow, that's it for now... be back with more of my weirdness soon.

No comments: